Platypus GravityWorks Water Filter System Reviews
The Platypus GravityWorks 4.0L Filter System uses innovative Hollow Fiber technologies to provide pump-free water filtration. Great for foundation camping or bigger group backpacking excursions, the GravityWorks 4.0L Filter System carries a 4.0L Dirty reservoir plus 4.0L Clean reservoir.
Only fill out the 4.0L marked “Dirty,” suspend it by a branch working with the powerful clip webbing and permit air to filter the water to the “sterile” BPA-free 4.0L . The “sterile” reservoir disconnects for simple dispensing.
The GravityWorks 4.0L Filter System may be back flushed in moments to clean the filter of debris along with the compact, lightweight filter casing is durable and conserves space and weight.
- High-capacity, gravity-fed, hollow-fiber water filtration system is perfect for family and group camping, outdoor experiences, and crisis preparedness
- No pumping required; reservoir matches easily and hangs from a shrub to deliver four gallons of filtered water for washing and cooking in 2.5 minutes
- Replaceable cartridge filters up to 1,500 g; generates a leak rate of 1.75 liters/minute; apparel weighs 11.5 oz; produced in the United States
- The air feed method allows for purification of many gallons of water at one time with no pumping. Therefore, you may place up/breakdown camp while your own water source is replenished.
- The dirty and clean water totes, filter, etc., are very clearly noticeable.
- The quick-connect system enables you to fill your hydration pack right to prevent hassle and scratching. Additionally, it allows for other cool items, like transferring your fresh water tote between packs.
- It is mild. While it does not pack super-tiny like a few systems which do a smaller quantity of water at one time, it is still quite lightweight.
- Filters are durable and not overly expensive.
- The only disadvantage is the fact that it’s somewhat bulky however you package it. I cannot think of ways the maker can change this, but it a get in the way if you are using it for biking or backpacking and are operating with limited space.
The machine worked great once I used it at the area. It did exactly what it was supposed to perform, and you cannot ask for more than that. It filtered water fast and cleanly. The water tasted fantastic, and the entire performance was smooth from begin to finish. In my testing, I discovered the filtering period for 4 liters (135 ounces) of water to be involving 4:13 and 4:23.
Obviously, I’ve done something to accommodate mine by cutting out a small piece (6″ or so) (152 mm) of the tube to put on the blank side of the filter using the hose shut-off cone attached. This produces a little section of the clean tube prepared for placement within your bladder or jar for filling.
The machine is clearly indicated to reduce contamination of the wash bag and the link for every bag differs. They’ve a quick disconnect to the filthy side and a twist on the attachment to get the blank side. While the zip-lock design opening of the filthy bag allows for simple water filling and draining, and it is big enough to wash and dry. The twist off style cap onto the wash bag allows for rapid draining also.
User review field Use
I was raised on hand-pump worked water filter methods and understood no different, before a recent rekindling of my adventurous spirit took me straight back to the wilderness this past year. Viewing a gravity filter to the very first time?
It was a no-brainer… hands on performance when leaving you open to perform other essential camp activities (and of course no longer sitting on a chilly river bank away in the flame for 15 minutes trying to pump into a reservoir bag).
In my hunt for the most up-to-date and lightest equipment, I discovered that the Platypus GravityWorks system. Versions that allow several choices to integrate with other water storage solutions.
Platypus GravityWorks water filters make it simple to become clean water virtually everywhere. You only fill out the reservoir and allow gravity to filter the water. GravityWorks filters provide clean water quicker than many pump systems, plus they make it a lot easier to save, transport and distribute all of the water you require.