Most of us will wonder why you need to know how to clean Camelbak water bottles. Or even why you need to use them.
In the world of athletics, the use of Camelbak water bottles is now a dominant practice amongst athletes. Leaving the world of athletics, most of those who hit the gym from time to time, do so with their Camelbak water bottles also. Leaving those instances, even people who are not athletes nor gym lovers, also make use of Camelbak water bottles.
The reason is apparent. The excessive waste caused by the dumping of the everyday water bottles all around is not so palatable. There is a need to keep up with an option that reduces such waste in the Camelbak water bottles. Not just that, a need also to know how to clean a Camelbak water bottle.
What Is Camelbak Water Bottle?
The brand Camelbak is a company based in California, USA. This company produces a wide variety of water bottles as parts of its hydration range of products. These varieties have specific watching guides, different from each other, even though a similar solution is used by them all.
Their rage of water bottle products provides you with a sturdy and long-lasting water reservoir to keep you hydrated for an extended period. Their bottles are designed to cope with unfair conditions all around, which is why the army of the United States, as well as other security outfits, make use of their water bottles and other products. The Camelbak water bottle cleaning is quite easy, but certain aspects must be considered differently.
How To Clean Camelbak Water Bottles?
How to clean a Camelbak water bottle is quite an easy task, as long as you pay attention to certain necessary items or if you like solutions.
Hot water and detergent
These are essential solutions as it will help you get rid of funds from the bottle. All you need is a piece of brush used for cleaning bottles. You make use of this brush with the right amount of detergent and hot water. After washing it, rinse the bottle and get it dried the best way possible.
This solution also works perfectly, mainly when used with hot water. Get it soaked through the night, use it the next morning with detergent, warm water, and a brush.
Pour hot water into the bottle, also pour in a little baking soda and clean it usually. Another right way to clean Camelbak bottles.
Camelbak Cleaning Tabs
After you have cleaned your bottle with detergent and warm water, the cleaning tabs that come with it will help you with the cleaning with ease.
All you need to do is to add specifically a measure of the mouthwash in the bottle (two to three capsule for a liter bottle), shake it thoroughly before you then clean it the usual way.
This works best. All you have to do us to get the bottle frozen. With that, all the bacteria left are killed, and your bottle is clean again.
To fight against Camelbak water bottle mold, give it a single wash, and make use of the right solution for each variety.
Cleaning Camelbak Podium Bottle
You do not have to use a dishwasher to wash the podium bottle. It is effortless as you can even use your hands if you follow these necessary steps:
- Take off the cap of the container. Open the Jet Valve to allow water to go round as you do the washing.
- Remove the nozzle also and have it cleaned separately from the rest.
- If you ate using your hand, clean the cap and the bottle with warm water(a soapy one). But if it’s a dishwasher, place it right in the highest rack.
Avoid too much heat while using a dishwasher if you do not want to get your bottle damaged. Also, be careful while washing the nozzle. Doing the cleaning around the slits and using hard brushes can damage it.
Cleaning Camelbak Groove Water Bottle
Even tap water will have high once you make use of the Camelbak Groove water bottle. With the tremendous tasting effect this bottle variety offer, it is more pleasing to know how easy it is to have it cleaned.
- Take off the carbon filter if you will be us in a dishwasher. Clean with warm water and soap.
- If that is the first wash, wash the filter for a quarter of a minute, and that’s all.
Cleaning Camelbak Kids Water Bottle
The same amount of tender care you give to your kid should be applied when washing your kids' water bottles. Without wasting much of your time, you can help your kids to very hygienic water. Before you begin the cleaning at all, take off the straw and the bite valve. That way, the cleaning comes more naturally.
- Clean the Camelbak bite valve and the cap with warm water and soap if you will use your hands.
- When using a dishwasher, however, the small parts should go into the rack at the top of the dishwasher.
Note: Avoid intense cleaning when using the dishwasher. The bottlebrush should be used gently, especially when washing the silicone.
How To Clean A CamelBak Water Bottle FAQs
Can I dry my bottle on the rack after cleaning it?
It is not a bad idea to do so. I advise .that you make quick use of the rack to get the bottles dry after cleaning them.
Can excess water affect the bottle in any way?
Be careful with the way you use water while cleaning. Once the water can get some parts of the bottle air locked, there will be an issue.
Any after-washing tip(s)?
Make sure you have the water drain entirely after you must have cleaned it thoroughly. This is important even before drying to give it a complete drying out.
I wash it, but it does not stay clean for long?
Ensure you follow the advice in the two previous questions — proper drying and draining help the cleaning stay long enough.
My bottle parts get poorly affected when I use the dishwasher. Any advice?
I will advise that you make use of your hands in cases you can. Making use of your hands for the cleaning helps you give your bottle some extra care and attention that the dishwasher might not.
Here are a few common cleaning techniques
- Use two tablespoons of baking soda or bleach with hot water. Some types of cleaning tablets may work as a cleaning agent
- Keep the cleaning solution or reservoir for thirty minutes
- At the time of pinching the bite valve, hold the reservoir on your head, permit the cleaning solution to pass through bit valve and the tube
- Rinse the reservoir with mild soap or hot water. Before using again, remove any type of cleaning solution or bleach.
- If you clean the reservoir well, make it air dry completely so that there is no moisture trapped inside that may cause mold to grow.
The steps will make the reservoir safe to use. If you have spots left from the mold, they would not come all the way out as the reservoir is stained permanently but usable and safe enough.
- Do not make me responsible for any damage of your bottle. If you are careful somewhat no damage will happen. But there is no guarantee of it.
- The underside of interior bottle and caps may be cleaned by the help of a small brush.
- I never suggest using Javex to rinse the bottles since I have no idea of the impact of chlorine that may have on rubber components and the plastic.
- I suggest using cleaning the bottle into dishwasher because heat may deform the plastic
- Camelbak does not sell the cleaning tablets for the bottles. I have talked with the customer care staff. They said that they have no idea the tablets will work well to clean the cap components.
Tips to Keep Your Hydration Pack Clean and Fresh
There are many ways to keep the reservoir clean. Below, there are 5 more tips to keep your reservoir clean and fresh
Only carry water
Except for sugary sports drinks, the mold may grow inside the reservoir. I like to carry Nuun or plain water for my pack at the time of carrying drink like Perpetuem or Accelerade in bottles.
Keep your reservoir in the freezer if you do not like to use it. The freezer gives a cold environment that is good for growing mold.
Concentrate on the bite valve
At the time of cleaning, be sure you use soapy water or bleach by the bite valve and the hose.
After every cleaning hangs the reservoir in the air to be confirmed it is totally dry.
Buy new one
If you see sports drink or get mold, it is very late. The reservoir is not the worst problem – the valve and the tube. Ditch the bite valve as the mold there is very difficult to remove though. You have to use brushes, detergents, Q-tips, toothpicks and so on.
Rinse everything well and obtain a valve for five dollars and wash it regularly. Besides, keep it in a freezer.
Watch How to Clean CamelBak Podium Bottles
Final Words and Recommendation
Applying solutions for the right product is the best way to give your bottle clean always. It is not just about using water. Ensure you take precautions when you wash them. This will help you enjoy the durability of this range of products. However, the Camelbak Groove Water Bottle is my favorite.
This is due to its taste effect. It makes during more comfortable, and you do not have to worry about your water getting a bad taste for any reason(s). The price is not also an issue at all (at least to me). I hope our tips and guide so far has helped you learn how to clean a Camelbak water bottle.