9 Steps to Clean False Eyelashes with Water: Simple, Dry & Store
In the beauty world, clean false eyelashes are an absolute must-have for achieving that glamorous, fluttering look. However, maintaining their hygiene and longevity can sometimes be a tricky task. Fear not, because this comprehensive guide will walk you through cleaning your false lashes with water effectively and efficiently.
We’ll reveal the best tips and tricks to keep your lashes looking as good as new without causing damage. So, whether you’re a seasoned beauty guru or a novice exploring the fascinating world of false eyelashes, this article ensures your lashes remain pristine. Keeping your falsies clean enhances their lifespan and ensures your eyes stay healthy. Let’s dive right in and demystify the process, shall we?
9 Steps to Clean False Eyelashes with Water:
Cleaning false eyelashes with water is a delicate process that helps maintain their quality and extend their lifespan. Here’s a step-by-step guide to effectively clean your false eyelashes using water:
Materials You’ll Need:
- Bowl of lukewarm water
- Mild liquid soap or gentle cleanser
- Cotton swabs or soft brush
- Paper towel or clean cloth
- Remove the False Eyelashes: Carefully remove the false eyelashes from your eyes by gently lifting the outer and inner corners. Use your fingers or tweezers, whichever is more comfortable for you. Be cautious not to tug or pull on the lashes too hard.
- Inspect the Lashes: Look closely at the false lashes to identify any remaining adhesive, mascara, or makeup residue. If you notice any clumps or buildup, gently pick them off using your fingers or tweezers.
- Prepare the Cleaning Solution: Fill a bowl with lukewarm water. Add a small amount of mild liquid soap or gentle cleanser to create a gentle cleaning solution. Ensure not to use harsh or oil-based cleansers, as they can damage the lashes.
- Soak the Lashes: Gently place the false eyelashes in the bowl of cleaning solution. Allow them to soak for a few minutes. This will help loosen any remaining makeup, adhesive, or dirt.
- Gently Clean the Lashes: After soaking, use your fingertips to gently rub the lashes, working from the base to the tips. Be very gentle to avoid damaging the lashes. You can also use a soft brush or a cotton swab to clean between the lashes and remove any remaining debris carefully.
- Rinse Thoroughly: Hold the lashes under lukewarm running water to rinse off the soap and residue. Ensure all the soap is washed away, as leftover soap can make the lashes feel stiff or sticky.
- Pat Dry: Place the cleaned lashes on a paper towel or a clean cloth. Gently press another paper towel or cloth over the lashes to absorb excess water. Be very gentle to avoid twisting or pulling on the lashes.
- Reshape and Air Dry: Use your fingers or tweezers to reshape the lashes to their original curve gently. Then, place them on a clean, dry surface and let them air dry completely. Avoid using a hairdryer or any direct heat source, as it can damage the lashes.
- Store Properly: Once the lashes are completely dry, you can store them in their original packaging or in a clean, dry container to protect them from dust and dirt until you’re ready to use them again.
Regularly cleaning your false eyelashes using this water-based method will help you maintain their hygiene and appearance, ensuring they look their best each time you wear them.
How often should you clean false eyelashes?
It is best to clean your false eyelashes after every use. The glue needs to be removed so that you can reapply more glue later. But if you are extra busy, you can clean your eyelashes every 2-3 times a week.
Keep your lashes clean and fresh to ensure they’re hygienic, fresh, and bacteria-free. False eyelashes are worn close to the eye area, so it’s important to keep them clean. You should be able to get a few uses from your false eyelashes if you have natural fiber lashes.
How do you store false eyelashes?
Storing false eyelashes properly is essential to ensure they maintain their shape and quality for multiple uses. Here’s a simple guide on how to store false eyelashes effectively:
Materials You’ll Need:
- Clean surface
- Original packaging (if available)
- Small container or lash case (optional)
- Tweezers (optional)
- Clean the Lashes: Before storing, make sure your false eyelashes are clean and free from any makeup, adhesive, or debris. Gently remove any residue using your fingers or tweezers.
- Use Original Packaging: If your false eyelashes come in a sturdy, clear plastic case, it’s best to keep them in their original packaging. This protects the lashes from dust, dirt, and damage. Place them back in the packaging after use.
- Alternative Container or Case: Consider using a small, clean container or a specialized lash case if the original packaging is unavailable or worn out. These cases are designed to hold the shape of the lashes and protect them from external elements.
- Proper Positioning: Lay the false eyelashes gently inside the container or case, ensuring they follow the natural curve. Avoid folding or bending the lashes, as this can distort their shape.
- Secure the Container or Case: Close the container or case securely to prevent dust and dirt from getting in. If the case has a lid, make sure it’s tightly sealed.
- Label or Identify: If you have multiple pairs of false eyelashes, consider labeling the container or case to identify the style, length, or occasion. This makes it easier to find the pair you want to wear next.
- Store in a Cool, Dry Place: Place the container or case in a cool, dry, and clean area. Avoid exposing it to direct sunlight or high humidity, which can affect the lashes’ quality.
- Tweezers for Handling (Optional): To avoid transferring oils or dirt from your fingers, you can use tweezers to handle the lashes when placing them in the container or case.
- Travel Considerations: If you’re traveling, invest in a travel-friendly lash case that provides extra protection for your lashes. Some cases even have compartments for individual lashes to prevent tangling.
By following these steps, you’ll ensure that your false eyelashes stay in great condition and are ready to use whenever you need them. Proper storage preserves their shape, length, and overall appearance, giving you more value and enjoyment from each pair.
Tips to make the false eyelashes last longer
Extending the lifespan of your false eyelashes requires proper care and attention. Here are detailed tips to help you make your false eyelashes last longer:
1. Apply Makeup First: Always apply your eye makeup, including eyeshadow, eyeliner, and mascara, before putting on false eyelashes. This prevents makeup residue from accumulating on the lashes and makes them easier to clean.
2. Use a Lash Adhesive Wisely: Apply a thin and even layer of lash adhesive to the band of the false eyelashes. Let the adhesive become tacky before applying the lashes. Using too much adhesive can lead to clumping and make the removal process difficult, potentially damaging the lashes.
3. Gentle Removal: Be gentle when removing your false eyelashes. Start from the outer corner and carefully peel the lash band off, holding the lashes close to the band. Pulling too hard can damage the lashes or deform the band.
4. Clean After Use: After removing the lashes, clean them immediately. Gently remove any remaining glue from the lash band using tweezers or your fingers. Use a makeup remover to clean off any makeup or residue.
5. Avoid Waterproof Makeup: Using waterproof mascara or eyeliner can be challenging to remove and may damage the false lashes. Opt for non-waterproof formulas to make the cleaning process easier.
6. Proper Storage: Store your false eyelashes in their original packaging or a clean lash case. This protects them from dust, dirt, and damage. Avoid exposing them to high humidity or direct sunlight.
7. Avoid Excessive Mascara: If you apply mascara to your false eyelashes, use it sparingly and only on the tips. Applying too much mascara can weigh down the lashes and make them look clumpy.
8. Be Cautious with Curling: Avoid using a lash curler on false eyelashes, as it can damage the delicate lashes or reshape them in a way that doesn’t match your eye shape.
9. Remove Adhesive Residue: After cleaning the lashes, ensure no adhesive residue is left on the lash band. This helps maintain the lash’s flexibility and shape.
10. Gentle Cleansing: If you notice stubborn residue or makeup buildup, use a soft-bristled brush or a cotton swab dipped in makeup remover to gently clean the lashes. Avoid rubbing or pulling too hard.
11. Avoid Sleeping with Lashes: Removing your false eyelashes before sleeping is best. Sleeping with lashes on can cause them to misshapen or fall off prematurely.
12. Rotate Your Lashes: If you have multiple pairs of false eyelashes, rotate between them. Giving each pair a break between uses helps maintain their shape and prolong their lifespan.
By following these comprehensive tips, you can ensure that your false eyelashes remain in great condition and provide you with multiple uses without compromising their appearance or quality.
frequently asked questions
1: How long can I wear false eyelashes before replacing them?
The lifespan of false eyelashes varies depending on the quality, care, and frequency of use. Generally, good-quality lashes can be worn multiple times, ranging from 5 to 20 uses. Proper care, gentle handling, and cleaning after each use will extend their longevity.
2: Can I apply mascara to false eyelashes for extra volume?
While it’s possible to apply mascara to false eyelashes for added volume, it’s advisable to use it sparingly and only on the tips. Excessive mascara can weigh down the lashes, make them clump, and shorten their lifespan. Opt for non-waterproof mascara to make removal easier.
3: Can I reuse false eyelashes that have adhesive on them?
Removing all adhesive residue from false eyelashes before reusing them is recommended. Adhesive buildup can affect the lash band’s flexibility and cause discomfort during wear. Gently remove any remaining glue using tweezers or your fingers.
4: How often should I clean my false eyelashes?
You should clean your false eyelashes after each use. Removing makeup, adhesive, and debris promptly helps maintain their shape and quality. Cleaning prevents bacteria buildup and ensures they’re ready for the next application.
5: Is it necessary to store false eyelashes in their original packaging?
Storing false eyelashes in their original packaging is ideal as it protects them from dust, dirt, and damage. However, you can use a clean lash case or a small container if the original packaging is unavailable. The goal is to keep them in a safe and dust-free environment.
Proper care is the key to extending the lifespan of your false eyelashes. You can enjoy multiple applications from a pair of lashes by handling them gently, cleaning them after each use, avoiding excess makeup, and storing them in appropriate containers. With these FAQs answered and the provided tips in mind, you’re well-equipped to make the most out of your false eyelashes while keeping them in top-notch condition.