Ultimate Guide On How To Choose Best Water Filter Pitcher
Most of the water filters are made of activated carbon. It is now famous as the small amount of carbon has an excellent surface. One gram of activated carbon contains the area of four tennis court. The large surface area has lots of small pores which can consume lots of pollutants. The filter can save water from magnesium, fluoride, and calcium. The water has great taste and helpful for our body. The Best Water Filter Pitcher could be the solution what are you expecting.
A water filter will assure that you are drinking very pure and fresh water.
They are coming with affordable price and forms like a pitcher that can easily put in your fridge or countertop.
There is a faucet which filters water from the tap. You can bring it to your camping as well as hiking as it ensures safe and fresh water for you.
Best Water Filter Pitcher Reviews – Comparison Table
|Product Image||Shipping Weight||Dimension||Editor's Rating|
Brita 10 Cup Everyday Water Pitcher
|3.1 pounds||11.9 x 7.4 x 16.8 inches|
ZeroWater 23 Cup Dispenser
|2.3 pounds||15 x 5.9 x 11 inches|
The Alkaline Water Pitcher
|11.2 ounces||10.5 x 4.2 x 10 inches|
Zen Water Systems Countertop Filtration and Purification System
|9.9 pounds||12.5 x 12.5 x 22 inches|
Brita 8 Cup Stainless Steel BPA Free Water Pitcher
|2.4 pounds||10.4 x 4.9 x 10.9 inches|
Pitcher of Life Alkaline Water Pitcher
|2.4 pounds||11 x 5.5 x 10.5 inches|
Clearly Filtered Clean Water Filter Pitcher
|2.5 pounds||11 x 5.5 x 10.5 inches|
What Is a Water Filter Pitcher?
A water filter pitcher is a very expensive home appliance to make water clean for family use. To invest on water pitcher is a good idea for drinking water filtration.
The pitcher will remove chlorine and other particles from water. There are two water reservoirs in this pitcher. One is big in size, and the other is small.
When you pour water into the small reservoir, it slows the flow of water to the filter and after collecting contaminants, the water flows to the bigger reservoir. There are different kinds of filtering speed; filtering capacity depends on the different reservoir.
How The Water Filter Pitcher Works
Many people already knew that they place a filter by the side of a holder of the pitcher. The filter works as an ion exchange resin or activated carbon that functions to reduce impurities.
The carbon lessens the amount of chlorine from water which is the factor of the smell and color of water.
Besides ion exchange will help to reduce impurities from the water like copper, mercury, and calcium which are known as contaminants.
They will also reduce the amount of zinc which is responsible for nasty metallic taste. The result is pure and tasty water for the kids for drinking.
Benefits of a Water Filter Pitcher
- Removing bacteria or chlorine, the taste of water will be very good and no smell in the water.
- Remove lead from water very quickly and the harmful substance does not enter the body.
- Reasonable stages of filtration
- The price is least high that other appliances.
- Is perfect for camping, boating, traveling, and RV use
- Does not need any installation and simple to use
- Keeping is a store you may get cold drinking water.
Drawbacks of a Water Filter Pitcher
- Even the best filter sometimes does not filter water well.
- If you use the filtration system, it is the slow option. Water will take the time to be stored in the tank below. It will take ten minutes to fill. The Aquasana electrically powered best water filter pitcher will take less time to fill.
Features of Water Filter Pitcher
- Filter Replacement Cost. Sometimes we buy the product with the reasonable price. The reason is that the replacement is as the same as initial investment.
- Easy to Use: Very easy to use, maintain, wash and replace. It is the best feature of the alkaline water pitcher
- Filter Replacement Gauge some people feel that it is important to remember that filter is not doing its work well. It is very easy to remember the last setting and how many gallons of water you used
- Style and Size. You should select the best kind of water filter for your countertop or fridge. You need to know the dimension of the device. The size is the main factor as you have to replace it frequently
How To Choose The Best Water Filter Pitcher
Some vital information for your water filter pitchers
Adjust the filter according to your need. If you need several gallons of water for your family, you can use carafe style filter to refill.
Different types of filter, different kinds of contaminants. So fit the exact filter for your family.
So select the best type of filter which has the affiliation or certificate, and reduces contaminant well. Check your filter whether it is working well or not.
- All the water filter pitchers are not the same size, standard or home filtration. You would not be sure that the device is phthalate or BPA free. You never are sure how efficiently the filter works or what filtration media comprises?
- Water pitcher is a slow system of water fresher. It will take thirty to sixty minutes to complete the filtration process of the water inside the pitcher. After finishing quickly, you need to refill it again to make water fresh. Again you have to wait for the same range of time to get fresh water.
- Water pitchers bring real estate to your friezes.
- Water pitcher will ensure water for your family uses, for your washing clothes, for washing dishes, for cooking, making tea or coffee for using the shower or for bathing. The ice you make, your ice maker is made from polluted water. The water that comes from your faucet is also contaminated. What is the reason? It is not for drinking the contaminated water; it is also for absorbing or inhaling water at the time of bathing or washing our hands and so on.
- The price adds up Buying a water filter is cheaper than the buying a high-quality water filter. The primary amount to spend is very low depending on size and brand. You can spend that amount of money for the replacement of the filter. With the same price, you may purchase good protective and demand water filtering system.
The greatest point is that you will get incomplete protection which is distinguished effortlessness of use as well as supported only a price point.
Recommended Best Water Filter Pitcher Reviews 2018
Brita Everyday Water Filter Pitcher contains much water for everyday family use. It removes copper, chlorine taste, zinc, odor mercury, and cadmium from water.
It will resist you to buy bottled water.
The classic design of the bottle can easily keep in the refrigerator. You need to replace your water filter every 40 gallons of water or after two months. The Brita is less expensive than other filters, and the taste of water is very great.
The handle is very wonderful and easy to hold and help you to pour water easily. To get rid of carbon is very hard for the first two times. It is very easy and does not take much time.
You need to replace your water filter every 40 gallons of water or after two months. The Brita is less expensive than other filters, and the taste of water is very great.
The handle is very wonderful and easy to hold and help you to pour water easily. To get rid of carbon is very hard for the first two times. It is very easy and does not take much time.
Features of Brita Everyday Water Filter Pitcher
- One filter can filter ten cup water
- 1 Brita water filter may alter 300 standard 16.9-ounce plastic water bottles
- removes chlorine taste plus zinc, odor, copper, cadmium, and mercury
- Easy clutches and fill lid with BPA free
- Filter indicator signals you to change the filter
- The characters are very ordinary
- Everyday filter pitcher is the top selling product in this category.
- Filters are easy to find and competitively priced
- Brita’s new filter purifies water quicker and does not need soaking
- No need to worry much about digital filter meters failing or getting wet
- The unit is composed of styrene-based plastic. It is not possible to recycle, but it is free from leaching chemicals.
- Storage is hassle free, thanks to the compressed oval footprint of the pitcher. It is about 11 inches tall, 5.6 inches wide and 10.5 inches long
- For the first couple of time, you get the water through the filter. There is no carbon. This is a great benefit and would not take much time
ZeroWater ZD-018 23-Cup Water Dispenser and Filtration System offer pure, filtered and fresh water for your family offering 23 cup capacity.
It is an innovative water filtering system no doubt. The design is very well, and you can easily put it in your refrigerator.
The unit comes with a push button by which you can fill the glass, beverage container or glass with one hand or some pots to cook food.
The design is very simple. There are five levels and water filtration technology, and two stages of carbon with it.
The oxidation reduction alloy and activated carbon give off the chlorine from water. Then it leached into water and lead, aluminum and other piping.
It is a very useful appliance for the family use. The 23-cup water-filtration is six inches by 11-1/5-inches by 15-1/5-inches has a limited warranty of 90 days.
Features of ZeroWater ZD-018 Water Dispenser
- ZeroWater is a pitcher can reduce Lead and Chromium
- Five-stage Dual Ion Exchange filter may remove 99.63% of melted solids from tap water
- TDS filter shows the level of TDS in water and indicates time to replace the filter.
- Made with TDS meter holder
- Well for refrigerator; flip-up top for trouble-free refilling
- There is no dissolved solid in filtered water
- Total Dissolved Solids tester added
- Water should be tested manually
- Has no indicator on the distributor or filter
BPA free Alkaline Water Pitcher will offer you 2.5 L of fresh, crisp and alkaline water for your use. No need to wastage bottle water.
It is best for making tea and coffee as having good flavor. You will get fresh water for your cooking. The water is great for the whole family.
If you permit water to let it to the bottom fill it back up from where the top bottom of the cartridge.
There is a testing drop with the pitcher, so everyone needs to see it. If you drink water from this pitcher, you will get a good taste. The design is very excellent.
There is the inconsistency of the instruction. The instruction of the filter is quite different from the instruction of the box.
So, at last, we can say it is an excellent pitcher for the small family. You need not change the filter again and again.
Features of The Alkaline Water Pitcher
- clean, directly Filtered Alkaline Water
- Inexpensive & Environmental Friendly. Get rid of Plastic bottles
- Food ranking material without BPA (Bisphenol A)
- Easy fill Pour Spout and Capsule
- Alkaline water along with beneficial minerals
- Water very refreshing and taste great
- What product is supposed to do
- The lid is very frustration. It may not remain properly
Zen Water System can offer delicious, clean and alkaline mineral water for you.
There are five different functions in the device. 1.) Filter; 2) Alkalize; 3.) Purify; 4.) Mineralize; 5.) Magnetize. There are lots of benefits of using it.
In Micro-Ceramic Filter, there are millions of tiny pores size 0.2 to 0.5 micron can remove up to 99 % bacteria, parasites, contaminants, and manmade chemicals like herbicides, pesticides, chemicals, and toxins.
To accelerate enzyme activity far, infrared technology is applied here.
The enzyme will develop your memory function, digestive tract, regulates blood pressure, strength and vitality.
Mafia Mineral stones introduce with necessary minerals and micronutrients such as zinc, calcium, magnesium, and potassium and develop alkaline in water
Zen water is free from BPA and very eco-friendly. It is free of electricity and gravity. You need no plastic water or bottled water.
The system is portable, compact, and will take less than two months. You can make your dirty water more healthy and delicious as well as fresh with your fingertip.
You can keep it for your emergency need and natural disaster.
Features of 4 Gallon Countertop Water Filter
- Turn ordinary tap water into healthy, clean, mineralized alkaline drinking water
- 1 System; 5 Functions: Purifies, Mineralizes, Filters, Alkalinizes, Magnetizes
- Multi-stage filtration removes harmful contaminants, bacteria, chemicals chlorine and other impurities
- Adds necessary minerals and bio-energy properties to develop health and vitality
- BPA-Free. Free from electricity or plumbing needed. Straightforward assembly. Fitting, flexible & affordable
- Hassle free to use and set up
- Simple to fill and refill with water
- Filter water and taste great
- Simple to clean out
- Mineral stone does work for a while after that began to offer the water a fresh dirt taste.
- Companies have never concerned with this regards, do not have any customer service
Brita Stainless Steel Water Filter ensures healthier and fresh water for pennies per gallon.
The water is free from any GPA and removes chlorine, zinc, odor, mercury, copper cadmium and all other that are found in tap water.
Use a filter indicator when you use a new filter. The 8 cup capacity of the pitcher is perfect for your home.
The device has stainless still, so it looks beautiful. One filter can fill 300 standard 16.9-ounce plastic bottles, save your money and cut down any wastage.
Brita will offer you fresh water which has great taste, is more saving and less wastage capacity. Only follow some steps to use it.
Wash your hands well before touching the filter; flush it with fresh cold water for 15 minutes. Enter the filter into the reservoir.
You may pour some cold water. You will get carbon dust in your first three pitchers of water. Do not use plants or discard.
Use another filter after two months or using 40 gallons. Use another thing of Brita such as upscale stainless steel look, cartridge, more streamlined/ compact design, etc.
Features of Brita Stainless Steel Water Filter Pitcher
- Stainless steel, adding one superior filter eight cup water filtration water jug
- 1 Brita water filter can restore 300 standard 16.9-ounce plastic water bottles
- Lessens zinc, chlorine taste, and smell, mercury, and cadmium, copper.
- You can quickly fill the lid which is BPA free and easy to grab.
- Filter indicator will alarm you to replace another filter
- Normal to use
- Problem free clean and wipe
- Lid is unbalanced
“Next Generation” Pitcher of LIFE applies advanced technology for filtering water used in the USA. It has exceeded our previous filter and now being used by NASA for its technological development.
The pitcher upgrades PH and adds necessary minerals the turns water Oxidation Reduction Potential from positive to negative and beneficial for health.
We hope with this you can use fresh water for your family and for you which is purified, alkaline.
ORP level means that your water is healthier enough. In regular water, there is ORP, which can create damage free radicals for your body.
It develops the ph OF water range from nine to nine point five. The pH will be more beneficial for your health.
The pitcher will add magnesium or useful calcium to the water and increase the water’s ORP.
The feature of 1 X Pitcher of Life Alkaline Water Pitcher
- Space saving-good design PITCHER appropriate for the refrigerator door
- Lid, Pitcher, Filter housing (cartridge), Seal (clear “O-ring) is Free from BPA-Polycarbonate
- Replace needs after 40 gallons or 2 months
- The capacity of the Unit: 2L (with 1.2L filtered water volume)
- Easy grip handle, fill the pitcher, Easy replace the cartridge
- The unit works well since it is advertised
- If water is filtered once it is impressed with the PH, 9.5
- Arthritis is super, and his skin smells appetizing, and his outlook on life is happier.
You may purchase best water pitcher for your use which is free from contaminants. Using a Clearly Filtered Pitcher, you can contaminate free up to 99.99%.
The filter is good that I have ever found. For this, the price is very high. Much effort is applied to make the design for the pitcher.
I waste few drops when I put it in a small bottle. You have to wait to run all the water through the filter.
If you do not do, so all non-filtered water will pour into your glass. There is a good plastic along with the handle that contained to the box. In the directions, the accessory is not mentioned well.
Features of Clearly Filtered Water Filter Pitcher
- Remove fluoride 90% and Chlorine 99.99%, Heavy Metals, and so on.
- Perfect Free from BPA- 64 oz. A competent pitcher with good handle in addition to the flip top lid
- Avoid use of an expensive bottle of water or water cane.
- Filters can be fresh 200 gallons.
- Filters are recyclable and within a minute, you can replace it
- The filter is super
- The water has great taste
- Surely employ more effort in the pitcher’s design
How Filters are tested
Some particular pollutants are added to water if they once go through the filter, the water is tested to be sure how much of impurity remains in the water. NSF is an international trusted organization that sets a certain standard for judging the result.
If the NSF standard is 42, it indicates that the filter passes for aesthetic effects and moves chlorine that makes water smell and tastes better. Since you are more concern about health effects you can but NSF standard 53 which removes lots of harmful impurities such as Giardia and lead.
When the NSF standard is 401, it is shown to remove trace amounts of pesticides and prescription drugs.
What the best water filter has(use this green color heading para instead of “Features of Water Filter Pitcher” in the main article)
- Has more capacity. Pitcher water filters are affordable and simple to use, but capacity is very limited. They are super in the sense that it keeps a basic supply of drinking water in hand. The amount of water you drink or your family drink may influence the size of the pitcher you use. Be sure you need to add a bigger pitcher to your refrigerator. Faucets mounted countertop, and underwater filter gives an unlimited amount of water and has extra convenience of permitting your toggle between tap and filtered water.
- The accurate filtering system. Carbon is normally used in most water filters that absorb impurities and foul smell since water goes through the porous materials. This is the work of multistage filters that it removes pollutants like chlorine, lead, bacteria, harmful chemicals, pharmaceuticals, parasites and others. The semi-permeable membranes of the Reverse Osmosis remove the greatest amount of pollutants from water.
- A wonderfully fast flow rate. Almost all water filters may slow the flow rate, but a unit can be inconvenient if it takes a long time to do the work. The rate of flow may vary up to the type of water filter. Some have slow flow rate since the filters go to the end of its useful life; a filter change may fix that.
- Manufacturers normally test their product, but a water filter is not certified to eliminate pollutants if not it is tested by an independent organization such as NSF International or the Water Quality Association. Both carry databases which customers may investigate to find out more about the success of specific models.
- A filter change indicator. Water filter which measures how much water you would like to use and then alert you to an indicator is the most exact way to ensure if the filter needs to be replaced. Some other units may have stickers or timers to count remind you after a fixed period, normally three to six months.
- Compatible adjustments. To install filters, the best methods are friendly with a great range of faucets, plumbing, and sinks. Normally customers may need to buy various faucet adapters or accessories such as icemaker hookups or addition hoses to make a filter more usable. There are some filters having different finishes to adjust your existing décor.
- Long warranty. 90 days warranty is enough for pitcher filter, but longer one to two years may be the best for any filter which needs installation.
Know Before You Go For Best Water Filter Pitcher
What type of pollutant affects the drinking water? All water is not the same, and it is very important to learn what type of pollutant remains in the consumption water in your locality.
This may aid you to determine if you need a basic filter to upgrade taste or a wonderful system which lessen parasites and pollutants. More message for your restricted water supply and what is the way to get a state certified tester?
It may be found at the USA Environmental Protection Agency website. If you pinpoint your particular water anxieties, you may use the best type of water filtration for your need.
How much water would you like to filter? As you like to filter water for just drinking, a pitcher will be sufficient. Cooks may get faucet mount, under sink filters and countertop easier since they would not need to fill up a carafe.
How long do you like to use the water filter? Countertop, faucet and pitcher water filter is likely to be the super options for dorm rooms and renters who are failed to make a fixed modification for their living areas.
You may be happy to know that under sink water filters are enduring and need to drill a gap for the filter valve. They need a certain level of expertise to set up that may need hiring a plumbing professional.
Think about annual cost as well as maintenance requirements. Faucet mounted filters and water filtering pitchers are not very expensive, but the value of replacement filter may outpace the primary price of the filters. Use manufacturers’ recommendation and the cost of replacement filters to think your yearly expenditures.
New semi-permeable membranes, battery replacement, and cleaning are excess charges for the Reverse Osmosis systems. Think also about the discarded squander water when your provider is very inadequate, or you have high municipal water rates.
Who should buy a water filter pitcher
Since you have no reverse osmosis system in your home or some other types of the water system in your home, a water filter pitcher is convenient and easy to get clean and fresh and great tasting water.
Suppose you are living in the city and has notoriously poor tap water, having some types of the water system is a must for you.
All famous water filters on the market are certified to eliminate big lists of harmful pollutants by NSF international. We have tested many filters and have got that they have different levels of certifications; all of them greatly reduce harmful pollutants from the water.
There are lots of health benefits of using water filters. Filtered water has great taste than the tap water this is the view of most of the authorities. The reason is that the filter removes pollutants such as chlorine that have a very much negative impact on water taste.
Applying water filter pitcher is less expensive than setting up a reverse osmosis system in your kitchen. It is very important to mention that most of the water filters we have tested failed to remove biological contaminants.
Meaning that you have to use water that is treated well with those contaminants any tap water must suffice.
Facts about Water Filter Pitchers
When you see your tap water has an unpleasant taste or if you like to drink more water, a filter pitcher can help you more.
Disposable cartridges are used in commercial pitcher systems which hold a combination of activated carbon as well as ion exchange resin. In this way, it works.
- Activated carbon is made from heat treated coconut shells. The shell is very porous and has a big area to trap organic pollutants.
- The carbon filter media pairs with plastic polymer beads. The treated resin may trade ions together with electrically charged particles. The method neutralizes toxins by altering their composition.
Carbon filter consumes the smell and taste of chlorine. They can lessen the levels of cadmium, copper, mercury, and zinc. Besides they help to remove pharmaceuticals and pesticides impurity.
Filter pitchers are put on the counter; water may be replaced or consumed within some days. They are desired for storing inside the refrigerator. There are various types of size and designs of the products, but the key to them lies with the filter.
Using Water Filter Pitchers
As you have used water filter pitcher in the past days, you can remember soaking the cartridges prior using and finding carbon granules into the filtered water. The good news is that the manufacturers have developed the design.
For some brands, you may only run the cartridge under water from fifteen to twenty seconds. When granules found during the first few refills, you may water plants with the help of it.
When to change your filter
Many filter pitchers like the runner-up and pick come with an indicator which indicates when you need to change the filter.
Filters are generally evaluated by the volume of water they may clean; the indicators are only simple clocks-they count the amount of time which a filter has been in use and applied a proxy of volume.
This happens to our runner-up and picks and the Pur and the Mavea respectively.
Normally 2 months of using are same as 40 gallons of water filtered the normal rating capacity. But surely this is an assumption or estimated idea.
Your usage can vary more, depending on how many people use the pitcher or how much hydrate you are and so forth. If you are sure, the only method to measure the real water usage.
Keep track for the whole week and then divide the rated capacity by the gallons of water you really used. This will aid you to know how many weeks you can use the water filter and when the time to change it.
Keep in mind, as stated above, the NSF forced filters which applies a clock-based change-filter indicator like the Mavea and the Pur do, to act to standards 42 and 53 for twice real gallon rating. The volume measuring filter such as Clear2O must perform for 20% more than their given capacity.
Way to rinse water filter pitcher?
Most water filter has very low maintenance. So the regular replacement is required. You can wash it regularly by using hand washing lid or reservoir. You may use the soft sponge or detergent to wash the filter. If you use a soft sponge, there will remain no scratch on the filter. You can use the dishwasher to use your pitchers. You can take help for the manual to be sure.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Best Water Filter Pitcher
Question: How often have you replaced the filter? How can I be sure that my filter can reduce impurities for water which has the effect on the flavor of water and the overall health of our family?
Answer: It relies on
The replacement depends on how much you use the water or the quality of your water. If you have more sediment in your water, you need to replace it quickly. Suppose you have no sediment, so you need not replace it.
Different models use various types of filter, so the life schedule of the filter are different. The average lifespan of the filter is two months which is equal to filter 40 gallons of water.
To ensure quality and flavor, you need to change the filters. To get the best performance, you need to read the details of the instructions and the remove filter when it needs.
Some advanced filters are very easy to maintain. You need not guess to replace the filter.
There is an electronic monitor which indicates you change the filter as it detects the lifespan of the filter. No need to guess the changing time at all.
What is the filter’s shelf life?
The life of the shelf filter is not definite. If you wrap the filter for a long time and do not use it many days, still you will get fresh water when you add it to the unit. Be sure your filter is sealed in a suitable bag, and keep it in a dry place having the cool temperature.
A water filter pitcher is a less expensive option than the costly sink water filtration method. These are the best alternatives for the people who are fond of removing common impurities from water.
All the water from the taps is not pure.
There are many taps in which there need submerge filtration system to purify water.
Thanks for reading the Best Water Filter Pitcher article and it would be great if you send your comment regarding the article if any.